The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs hereby invites applications for the Tourism Graduate Development Programme. The programme is aimed at providing workplace experience to graduates and is offered in collaboration with different municipalities and organisations. Shortlisted graduates will be expected to undergo an interview and if successful they will enter into a performance agreement covering the duration of the programme. The agreement will be between the candidates, the department and the host municipality/organisation. Graduates and Students who have not been previously employed under the same programme and who have been unemployed for a period of one year or more are invited to apply.
Applications are invited from candidates in the following areas, and graduates and students are encouraged to only apply to municipalities within their residential areas.
- Amajuba District Municipality (TGDP/2015/AMAJ)
- Big5 False bay Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/BIG5)
- EThekwini Metro (Tourism offices) (Amanzimtoti, 1000 hills, Ushaka Marine, North Beach, Florida, Research and quality, Gateway) – (TGDP/2015/ETHEK)
- Edumbe Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/EDUM)
- Economic Development, Tourism & Environmental Affairs (EDTEA)-PMB Tourism office (TGDP/2015/EDTEA)
- Harry Gwala Development Agency (TGDP/2015/HGDA)
- ILembe Enterprise Development Agency (TGDP/2015/ILEM)
- KwaSani Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/SANI)
- Mandeni Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/MAND)
- Mpofana Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/MPOF)
- Msunduzi PMB Tourism Association (TGDP/2015/MPTA)
- Mthonjaneni Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/MTHO)
- Newcastle Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/NEWC)
- Nongoma Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/NONG)
- Nqutu Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/NQUT)
- Okhahlamba Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/OKHA)
- Richmond Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/RICH)
- Ubuhlebezwe Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/UBUH)
- Ulundi Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/ULUN)
- Umfolozi Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/MFOL)
- UMgungundlovu District Municipality (TGDP/2015/UMGN)
- Umhlabuyalingana Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/MHLA)
- Umhlathuze Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/UMHL)
- Umhlosinga Development Agency (TGDP/2015/UMHLO)
- Umkhanyakude Elephant Coast Tourism (TGDP/2015/UECT)
- Umlalazi local Municipality (TGDP/2015/UMLA)
- UMnambithi Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/UMNA)
- UMngeni Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/UMNG)
- Umzimkhulu Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/UMZI)
- UPhongolo Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/UPHO)
- uThungulu District Municipality (TGDP/2015/UTHU)
- Vulamehlo Local Municipality (TGDP/2015/VULA)
- Zululand District Municipality (TGDP/2015/ZUL)
- Gateway Hotel – Mhlanga (TGDP/2015/GAT)
- Oribi Gorge Hotel (TGDP/2015/OGH)
KINDLY NOTE that in some Tourism Offices, graduates must be willing to work shifts, weekends and public holidays.
DIRECTION TO APPLICANTS WHO ARE INTERESTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAMME:
Applications must be submitted on the Tourism Graduate Development Placement form (NOT Z83), this form is obtainable from the Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (Tourism offices in Pietermaritzburg) and the municipal offices that are listed above/municipalities that are participating in the programme or the form can be downloaded from DEDTEA’s website: www.kzndedt.gov.za . Applicants are requested to CLEARLY state the reference number of the placement they are applying for.
REQUIREMENTS (12 MONTHS) UNEMPLOYED TOURISM GRADUATES
State the area and reference number which the candidate is applying for (from the above list), the form should be accompanied by a copy of Curriculum Vitae, certified copy of Matric certificate, certified copy of a three year degree/diploma in Tourism Management, Travel & Tourism or an appropriate equivalent Tourism & Hospitality qualification, including academic transcripts records, certified copy of Identity document and proof of residential address obtained from local municipality. Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to an interview nearest to their areas of residence. The successful candidates will be required to sign an internship contract for the duration of one year.
REQUIREMENTS (06 MONTHS) TOURISM STUDENTS, CURRENT STUDENTS WHO REQUIRE IN-SERVICE TRAINING
State the area and reference number which the candidate is applying for (from the above list), the form should be accompanied by a copy of Curriculum Vitae, certified copy of Matric certificate, certified copy of Identity document, latest academic transcripts records, letter from institution requesting in-service training and proof of residential address obtained from local municipality. Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to an interview nearest to their areas of residence. The successful candidates will be required to sign an internship contract for the duration of six months.
CLOSING DATE: 20 March 2015
Note: Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Applications must be directed to: the Head of Department, Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs, Attention: Ms Siwinile Mjwara: Tourism Development, 217 Burger Street, Calder House, Pietermaritzburg, 3201. (Ordinary mail or hand delivery only)
For enquiries, please contact: Ms Nosipho Mbanjwa on tel. (033) 264 6313/072 660 6736 or Ms Siwinile Mjwara on Tel. (033) 264 9334. No faxed or emailed applications will be considered.
NOTE: THE DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO CONTINUE WITH THE TRAINING