|Remuneration:||R4000 per month Cost to company|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Sandton, Illovo|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Now Media seeks an intern – someone who has completed their studies in a journalism related field (publishing, communications, English, etc.) or someone who is currently studying within this field but needs to get work experience to complete their studies.
Skills that the successful intern will acquire are diverse as he/she will be asked to take on a number of different tasks that would assist an experienced editorial team. A few of the tasks the intern would complete are: research, assisting with networking functions, administrative tasks, attending conferences and meetings and travelling to different travel companies within the industry.
This is a great training opportunity in a well-known, well-run and cohesive organisation and is for someone who does not mind doing anything to learn.
Showing great potential may result in a position within Now Media but, to begin with, we are offering a month-to-month contract that will not exceed six months. This contract will be reviewed each month and if the person shows the right attitude and application, he/she will be given the contract for the next month.
Now Media (Pty) Ltd, the largest travel trade publisher in Africa, has been committed to promoting travel and trade in the Southern African region since 1953. Based in Illovo, Johannesburg, Now Media prides itself on being an innovator of cutting-edge promotional products for the freight, travel and tourism industries. See more at : www.nowmedia.co.za
- Diploma or degree in Journalism, English, Publishing or Communications (completed or needing work experience to complete the qualification) – Original certificate required.
- English – home language.
- Valid driver’s licence (essential).
- Own car (advantageous).
- Must be a go-getter who will do anything to enter the journalism profession.
- Needs to be a networker – the kind of person who has the potential to go out to find stories.
- He/she needs to work quite independently but still needs to ask a lot of questions to get the job done.
- Needs to be eager to learn.
- Must immerse themselves in the travel industry and not wait to be spoon fed but grab whatever training they can.