Bursaries are available for the Mining Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, B Com (Financial Management) and Geology Discipline.
We are safety obsessed and community aware.
We are committed to the achievement of diversity and employment equity. So, with more top project in the pipeline, your career and future development prospects look bright.
Please note the minimum requirements:
- Engineering disciplines, candidate must obtain a minimum rating of 6 (70%-79%) in mathematics and science, 5 (60%-69) English and as per requirement of institutions.
- The candidate must obtain a minimum rating 5 (60%-69%) in Mathematics, Accounting and English to be considered in Finance.
- Successful candidates will be required to sign a service obligation with Xstrata Coal SA
The successful candidate must be in possession of a valid certificate of fitness or be fit enough to obtain one prior to the commencement of Bursary Award, as this is a requirement of the Mine’s Health and safety Act.
The Bursary include:
- Registration and Tuition fees
- Residence and Meals fees
- Prescribe textbook
- Personal allowance
- Payment of any compulsory excursions or seminar which may be required
- Laptop and Printer
- Paid vacation work
BURSARY OPPORTUNITY, GLENCORE FERRO ALLOYS
We recognise the importance of developing and maintaining a strong professional skills base.
In this context the continuous flow of new talent into our operations is a strategic commitment to our future, and to yours.
Bursaries are offered in the following fields of learning:
Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mining Engineering and Geology
Selection is based on academic results and an interview with Glencore Ferro Alloys.
Applicants from the local communities of our respective operations in an area will take preference.
- Grade 12 applicants: A minimum of a C symbol in Maths, Science and English.
- 1st and 2nd year applicants: 100% pass rate in all subjects.
What the Bursary offers:
- Registration and tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals
- Prescribed textbooks
- A monthly allowance
- Paid vacation work
- A compulsory “work back” period – 1 year for every sponsored year
Forward applications to:
Applications close on 31 May annually