The CSSD Technician is responsible for the execution of tasks to clean, prepare, pack and sterilize unsterile instruments, linen and consumables and to supply sterile requirements to theatre and other auxiliary departments in the hospital.
- Fold and Pack linen in the correct manner for sterilization.
- Wash and care for instruments according to the correct procedure.
- Pack instrument sets and loose articles in the prescribed manner for sterilization.
- Ensure that all required instruments for procedures are sterile and ready for utilization.
- Actively participate as a member of a team to achieve goals.
- Active involvement in own professional development to maintain a satisfactory level of skill and knowledge.
- Keep up to date with Netcare’s evolving policies and procedures.
- Work effectively and co-operatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that are mutually beneficial.
- Develop collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goal.
- Grade 12 or NQF level 4 qualification.
- 2-3 years working experience as a CSSD Technician preferable (Not essential, so you can apply even if you don’t have).
- The ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- The ability to work effectively and co-operatively with others by establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- The ability to produce work of a high quality by accurately checking processes and tasks.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively fax application details to fax nr: 0413907088.