Netcare is looking for a CSSD Assistant at Netcare Blaauwberg Hospital.
The CSSD assistant is responsible for the execution of procedures and tasks to clean, prepare, pack and sterilize unsterile instruments, linen and consumables and to supply sterile requirements to theatre and other auxiliary departments in the hospital.
- Fold and Pack linen in the correct manner for sterilization.
- Wash and care for instruments according to the correct procedure.
- Pack instrument sets and loose articles in the prescribed manner for sterilization.
- Ensure that all required instruments for procedures are sterile and ready for utilization.
- Actively participate as a member of a team to achieve goals
- Active involvement in own professional development to maintain a satisfactory level of skill and knowledge
- Keep up to date with Netcare’s evolving policies and procedures
- Work effectively and co-operatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that are mutually beneficial.
- Develop collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goal
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF level 4 qualification
- Have had some experience working in the CSSD or hospital environment
- Basic knowledge of Infection control
- Knowledge of equipment used in CSSD Unit for example: Instrument washers & Autoclaves
- Basic knowledge of instruments
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV email@example.com or alternatively fax application details to 0865096016.
Closing Date: 23 March 2015