W&RSETA Offers 1000 bursaries to students studying Wholesale and Retail Qualifications at Universities and Universities of Technology
The Wholesale and Retail SETA (W&RSETA) has identified as one of its strategic objectives the need to support learners who have registered to further their studies at Public Higher Education Institutions thus addressing Outcome 4.2.3 of the National Skills Development Strategy which is to ensure that high-level national Scarce Skills are being addressed by work-ready graduates from Higher Education Institutions.
This Bursary is available for the current financial year (2015) and is restricted to students who enroll and are accepted for the following Degrees/Diplomas which are related to the Wholesale and Retail Sector Scarce Skills priorities:
- B.Tech (Retail Management)
- B.Tech (Purchasing Management)
- B.Comm (Retail Management)
- B.Comm (Retail Marketing)
- National Diploma – Food Technology
- National Diploma – Clothing Management
- B.Tech (Fashion)
- B.Tech (Supply Chain/Logistics)
- National Diploma – Fashion
- B.Tech (Food Technology)
- National Diploma – Supply Chain/Logistics
- National Diploma – Retail Marketing
- National Diploma- Retail Management
To qualify for the bursary, students must be accepted/registered at public Higher Education Institutions (Universities and Universities of Technology)
The W&RSETA has made available 1000 bursaries as follows:
- 900 Unemployed and 100 Employed learners.
- It covers tuition, books, accommodation, transport and meals where applicable.
- The programme is for full-time or part-time (for employed students) studies at any public South African University.
- Students will not be funded for subjects/modules they have failed.
- Students must have been accepted by their preferred public South African University
- Students that were previously funded by the W&RSETA do not qualify.
- Students with other sources of funding do not qualify.
- Preference will be given to students who reside in rural communities/areas
Students must submit complete an application form accompanied by the following documents:
- An updated CV (with current contact details etc.);
- A certified copy of their Matric Certificate or equivalent qualification;
- Proof of University admission/Registration
- A certified proof of parent/guardian’s income
All submissions must reach the W&RSETA on or before the closing date.
Information about this specific bursary programme can be obtained from Elizabeth Maila at W&RSETA Head Office on 012 622 9500 or e-mail HETF@wrseta.org.za .
All correspondence and submissions must be directed to HETF@wrseta.org.za
Closing Date: 20th February 2015