This opportunity is for matric students based in the Western Cape. Learners will receive a 4-year training period in an apprenticeship programme.
- Pass in Technical Matric or N-stream;
- Pass in Mathematics and Science;
- Under the age of 21 years.
- Passed the following subjects:
- Technical Graphic and Design;
- Mechanical Technology;
- A valid driver’s licence.
Prescribed training will include:
- Attending technical classes at Technical Colleges;
- Practical training will also be provided in and on construction machinery as required (which will include hands-on training in field workshops);
- Occupational Health and Safety measures and prescripts;
- Practical and theory training will also be provided at the training school;
- Cleaning and storing of tools as required;
- Cleaning workshop building and premises;
- Upholding good interpersonal relations;
- Undertake administrative tasks.
- Knowledge of tools and construction plant;
- Communication skills;
- Hand skills;
- Practical mechanical study;
- Organisational skills.
How To Apply
Applications can be submitted online or manual applications.
MANUAL APPLICATIONS: Please complete an application Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM
Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM
(which is obtainable from any Government Department), together with your CV and copy of your final educational results and send it to Attention: Janine Kammies, Affirmative Portfolios Recruitment Consultants, P.O. Box 5496, Tygervalley Centre, 7536, if you submit a manual application.
Alternatively go directly to Department of Transport in Old Modderdam Rd, Bellville South
Applications not submitted on or before the closing date as well as faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered. If you have not received a response within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The candidature of applicants will be considered on the information as supplied in the submitted application documentation.
Applicants who are considered for the interview and further selection processes may be required to submit documentation supporting such information with due regard to conditions that may be set.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview and/or competency assessments/proficiency tests on a date and time as determined by the department.
ENQUIRIES: Ivan Louw or Ms S van Der Merwe at (021) 959 7700
CLOSING DATE: 20 February 2015 @ 16:00
SALARY: R 88 983 per annum (OSD).