The South African Police Service, in partnership with the Transport Education and Training Authority (TETA), is offering nine (9) bursaries to unemployed designated females between the ages of 18 and 30 to train to become Helicopter/Fixed-wing Pilots.
The bursary is inclusive of accommodation, meals, training, lecture material, uniform, licence and examinations.
- All applicants must be unemployed, well-disciplined, patriotic and loyal
- Possession of Grade 12, having passed Mathematics and Science at least at level 5
- Must be fluent in at least two official languages, of which one must be English
- Must be South African citizen with no criminal record or pending cases
- Successful candidates will sign a contract with SAPS to serve a period after completing the training
- Must be mentally or physically fit with no height phobias
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening, psychometric and fingerprint verification
- Applicants will be subjected to a medical examination and after the training will be expected to undergo basic police training on a date as determined.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted on the Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM
Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM
with a CV, certified copies of the Grade 12 certificate and diploma / courses obtained and certified copy of ID document attached. These must be forwarded and marked for attention: Colonel FP Blaauw, to SAPS, Private Bag X117, Pretoria 0001 OR hand deliver at the 7th Floor, Shorburg Building, 429 Helen Joseph Street, Pretoria.
Closing Date: 16 January 2015