Interested in a Career in Biodiversity/Ecosystem management?
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI), is looking for a Conservation Worker at the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden. This is a Groen Sebenza contract post for a graduate based in Kirstenbosch, Cape Town. The Groen Sebenza Programme is aimed at developing priority skills in the biodiversity sector to create sustainable job opportunities for unemployed graduates and matriculants. The programme offers a stipend of R7100.00 per month to Graduates (National Diplomas/Degrees).
Applications from rural unemployed youth from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are invited for the above positions. Applicants need to have the following:
- National Diploma in Horticulture
- SA citizenship.
- A demonstrated and clearly articulated commitment to the environment.
- A commitment to career development in the environmental sector.
- Good leadership potential.
- Indigenous Plant Knowledge
- Excellent communications skills
- Computer literate
- Able to adapt to change and be flexible in daily work plan
- Reasonably Fit
- Able to work in a team and independently2
- Plant promotion and information at events, shows, sales and within a production/wholesale nursery
- Plant Propagation and Maintenance
- Record keeping
- Plant research and writing
- Horticultural skills training
- Office admin and support
- Customer service and sales
How to apply
Applicants are required to fill in an application form (download here). Applicants are also required to provide recently certified copies of the following documents:
- A certified copy of your ID.
- An abridged CV of no more than 3 pages.
Applications are to be emailed, posted and or delivered to the contact details below by the closing date of Friday, 21st November 2014 at 16h00.
If no response has been received within 21 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications are unsuccessful. Candidates are expected to be available for interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI.
For submissions and enquires contact:
Ms Cherise Viljoen on (021) 799 8609 or (preferably) forward the completed application documentation via e-mail to C.Viljoen@sanbi.org.za or fax 0217998808. Postal applications are to be addressed to Kirstenbosch Nursery Supervisor, Kirstenbosch Gardens, Private Bag X7, CLAREMONT, 7735