Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation in conjunction with the Gauteng Arts and Culture Council (GACC) calls on all Arts and Culture students for bursary application for the Academic year 2015.
Students will be assisted for the period of a 4 year studying cycle provided that they pass.
To be considered, applications should comply with the following criteria:
- Only South African citizens residing and studying in Gauteng will be considered for bursaries.
- Bursaries are awarded in the following disciplines: Ceramic design, Classical Music, Copywriting, Media Studies, Creative Writing, Drama, Dance & Choreography, Fashion design, Fine Art, Graphic design, Jewellery design, Performing arts, Photography, Puppetry, Sound Engineering, Textile design, Theatre and Visual Arts, Research in the field of Arts and Culture.
- Proof of registration or provisional acceptance from the institution where the student will further his/her studies to be attached.
- Full official recent academic transcripts / results.
- Certified copy of ID and updated CV to be attached.
- Two written reference letters from reputable referees
- The bursary will cover tuition fees, registration fees and 100% of books /materials. No transport costs and accommodation costs will be covered.
- Permanently employed students either by Public or Private institutions will not be funded.
- Students studying at Private institutions will not be assisted.
Undergraduates and Post Graduates (specifically in the field of Arts and Culture Research) may apply.
How to apply
Click here to download the Arts and Culture Bursary Application form
Applications can be posted to:
Grants Officer: Arts and Culture
Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation
Private Bag X33
Or hand delivered at:
Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation Offices
35 Rissik Cnr. Fox Street
The closing date for applications is 31 October 2014
Via – Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation