The Zurich Learnership Programme is offered in partnership with INSETA (Insurance Sector Education and Training Authority) and focuses on assisting previously disadvantaged young South Africans by creating the opportunity to gain work-related experience in the short-term insurance industry.
Who we are
Zurich is one of the world’s leading insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a global basis.
Our mission is to help our customers understand and protect themselves from risk.
With about 60,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries, we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees.
We help individuals, small and medium sized companies and global corporations around the world understand and protect themselves from risk by offering a wide range of insurance products, solutions and advisory services.
During the 12-month programme, the learners are placed in the core operations of the business (Sales, Underwriting and Claims) and simultaneously work towards obtaining a FETC Short Term Insurance Qualification.
Zurich regards the Learnership Programme as a key economic and social enabler as it benefits the candidate, society and the insurance industry as a whole. Successful candidates receive full accreditation of the FETC Short Term Insurance Qualification at level 4 and are FAIS compliant.
The Zurich Learnership Programme is targeted at young South Africans who meet the following criteria:
- Under the age of 24 (i.e. turning 24 in 2015)
- Previously disadvantaged
- South African citizen
- Has a Grade 12 qualification or equivalent
- Is able to communicate (speak, read, write) in English, and being able to communicate in any of the other official languages will be regarded as an added advantage.
- Has passed English and Mathematics in Grade 12 (Achieved 50% and above)
- Has not obtained any further qualifications since Grade 12 and is not presently studying towards a qualification
- Does not have the financial means to obtain a qualification
- Successful candidates will be offered a 12 month fixed contract for the duration of the Learnership
As a Zurich Learner, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Successfully completing the various learning modules which make up the Short Term Insurance Qualification as well as other learning programmes that you will complete as part of the Learnership
- Deliver against the various objectives as agreed to in your performance contract. You will be assigned a mentor within the business who will identify activities to be completed along with specific performance criteria.
- Actively engage with your assigned Mentor with a view to comprehensively understanding the various structures within Zurich Insurance and the Short Term Insurance Industry
- Succesfully complete all INSETA stipulated requirements (such as the Learner log-book) in order to attain the Learnership Certification.
The Zurich Learnership is offered at our Head Office (15 Marshall Street, Ferreirasdorp, Johannesburg) and at our Durban Office (309 Umhlanga Rocks Drive, La Lucia Ridge).
The Learnership runs from 1 February 2015 to 31 January 2016.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop and truly be part of a global family, please click on the “Apply online” button and complete your personal profile.
Kindly review your application from time to time to monitor the status of your application.