In line with the Company’s talent management strategy, Johannesburg Water offers comprehensive bursaries to students for full-time studies at accredited tertiary institutions.
The bursary includes vacation work and experiential training. Johannesburg Water invites students/ undergraduates who are interested in joining the Water industry to apply for bursaries in the study fields mentioned below:
- BSc Engineering (Civil) with 1st year completed
- National Diploma (Civil Engineering) with S1 completed
- BSc (Chemistry or Biochemistry ) with 1st year completed
- Degree or National Diploma in Internal Auditing with 1st year or S1 completed
Johannesburg Water (SOC) Ltd was established in 2001 as a municipal entity wholly-owned by the City of Johannesburg. It is a R5.3 billion turnover company employing 2 700 people and its core purpose is to provide water and sanitation services to approximately 3.8 million people
Criteria for Selection
- Selection of successful candidates will be based on academic merit and fi nancial need
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals, persons with disabilities and females
- South African citizens
The Bursary Covers
The bursary amount will consist of full tuition, residence fees, cash allowance and paid vacation work.
How to apply
Click here to download the application form.
Completed application forms to be e-mailed to email@example.com or posted to:
The Assessment & Career Development Section,
Johannesburg Water, PO Box 61542,
Please note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Closing date for submissions of applications: 31 August 2014