Sungard has an opportunity based in Johannesburg and reporting directly to the Marketing Manager for Sub-Saharan Africa. As an Intern, you will be directly involved with marketing campaigns, research, sales operations and marketing operations helping to create and execute the plans for the region.
The main role will be to support in all the following aspects:
• Collaborate with the Marketing Manager and the sales executives to understand and organize the company’s marketing, sales and business strategy for growing SunGard Sub-Saharan revenues.
• Assist on projects with global product management, product marketing and the Marketing Specialist, to develop Sub-Saharan Africa -specific marketing strategies which will:
o Support the top-line growth/sales strategy for SunGard Sub-Saharan Africa
o Create brand awareness for SunGard as a leading technology company with global financial industry expertise and a trusted local partner for African corporations and financial institutions
o Position SunGard as a thought leader in Sub-Saharan Africa’s financial industry
• Assist with the execution of marketing campaigns:
o Ensure that campaigns are locally relevant and contribute to building the sales pipeline
o Ensure the consistency of SunGard messaging across all business lines in the region
o Work with global product marketing teams to build a portfolio of marketing literature for SunGard Sub-Saharan Africa (e.g. customer testimonials and product collateral) and devise a strategy to utilise these to deliver strong messaging to the market
o Ensure that campaigns are targeted at the appropriate audiences, fully utilising marketing channels such as web, direct mail and events.
o Account for the performance of Sub-Saharan Africa marketing campaigns with measurement, tracking and reporting
o Collaborate with regional PR lead in managing relations with local press and help to build SunGard’s profile in the media
• Manage the SunGard Sub-Saharan Africa marketing collaterals
• Assist with cold-calling campaigns and market research projects
• Support with Customer and industry thought-leadership and hospitality events.
• Learn how to deploy our Salesforce CRM to help manage campaigns.
• Manage the local marketing budget and supplier relationships.
• Manage our internal communications and staff team building events
• 1-2 years to complete under graduation in Business Administration or Marketing from a top university.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Direct Marketing skills and experience with CRM systems a bonus.
• Previous internship experience in a financial company or Marketing.
In line with SunGard’s commitment to transformation in South Africa and our employment equity targets, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Click here to apply: http://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_sungard/external/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=63274&localeCode=en-us&&_sm_au_=iVVZHZZHMs7TJqLD