Bush Radio is Africa’s oldest community radio station project based in Salt River.
Please read the requirements below carefully – should the information be incomplete or incorrect, your application will not be considered.
Curious, adventurous, always looking for a story, willing to hunt down a source, hungry to learn, energetic, able to speak, write and read in English & Afrikaans/Xhosa, willing to explore new frontiers in media?
Would you like to…
Record sound, conduct interviews, compile bulletins, read bulletins, take pictures, record video, cover events, test your skills LIVE to a listening and online audience of over 375 000 people, generate interview ideas, liaise with guests, assist presenter, research, package and present, liaise with listeners regarding programme, updating blogs/websites, present as needed / capable, participate in outside broadcasts or events, build your career and profile?
- No formal qualifications are required but the candidates must be computer literate and understand, write and read English and one other indigenous language.
- You will be required full-time (ie Monday – Friday) or shifts (06h00 – 14h00 and 10h00 –18h00 –including weekend and public holiday shifts depending on the area you are placed.
- You will not receive payment! This is a volunteer internship at Africa’s leading community radio station. Training allowance of R500 per month for 3 months (probation), increased to R 1000 thereafter, non-negotiable for 9 months.
- Shortlisted candidates will be put through a combination written test (for computer skills, language, general knowledge) and a voice test.
How to submit your application:
- Only emailed applications will be considered.
- In the subject line clearly state: Intern June 2014
- Motivation letter (minimum 500 words)
- CV with at least 2 contactable references
- Any documentation (certificates/portfolio etc) to assist application
- Send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 17 June 2014 @ 12h00
Bush Radio reserves the right not to make an appointment – Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – No correspondence will be entered into.