Page 1 of 2
iThemba Laboratory for accelerator based sciences is a group of multidisciplinary research laboratories administered by the NRF.
NRF: iThemba LABS Bursary Opportunity 2017 / 2018
The National Research Foundation (NRF) supports and promotes research and human capital development through funding, the provision of National Research Facilities and science outreach platforms and programmes to the broader community in all fields of science and technology, including natural science, engineering, social science and humanities.
iThemba Laboratory for accelerator based sciences is a group of multidisciplinary research laboratories administered by the NRF. Based at two sites in the Western Cape and Gauteng, these facilities provide for:
- Basic and applied research using particle beams
- Particle radiotherapy for the treatment of cancer
- The supply of accelerator-produced radionuclides for medical and industrial applications
- Applicants must be on their second year level of study.
- Applicants must have attained a minimum of 60% pass in their first year.
- Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
Bursaries are available in the following disciplines:
- ND / BTech (Mechanical Engineering)
- ND / BTech (Electrical Engineering)
- BEng (Electrical and electronic)
- BEng (Mechanical)
- BEng (Mechatronics)
- BSc (Computer Science)