Take the first step in Shaping your Future! Apply for the Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Fellowship opportunity.
The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation is offering individuals that show potential in entrepreneurial talent an opportunity to develop as responsible entrepreneurs by applying for the university Fellowship opportunity.
Mandatory Requirements for Grade 12 learners
- Intention to study a degree in Commerce, Science (excluding medicine), Engineering, Law or Humanities (majoring in Politics, Philosophy, or Economics) at Wits UJ,UCT, NMMU, Rhodes, UWC, Stellenbosch or UP.
- Level 5 in Pure Maths for Grade 11 results
- Level 6 average for Grade 11 results (excluding life orientation)
- Completion of the National Benchmark Test by 31 July 2015
- You cannot be older than 21 years of age in the year of your application.
Mandatory Requirements for 1st Year University Students
- Minimum average of 65% for your 2014 mid-year (June) exam results
- Studying towards a degree in Commerce, Science (excluding medicine), Humanities (majoring in Politics, Philosophy, or Economics) or Engineering.
- Studying at one of the following univesities Wits UJ,UCT, NMMU, Rhodes, UWC, Stellenbosch, TSiba, UFS or UP.
- You cannot be older than 22 years of age in the year of your application.
What does it cover?
- Full cost of university tuition
- Full cost of university accommodation plus meal, book and tutor allowances.
- A monthly living stipend
- Academic support and access to an Entrepreneurial and Personal Development Programme
- Mentorship, both from individually assigned Foundation employed staff, as well as business Mentors
- Access to potential post graduate funding
- No postgraduate contractual obligations
With the Foundation’s firm belief that a solid education is the starting point for any entrepreneurial journey, the Fellowship opportunity provides Candidate Fellows access to a community of likeminded individuals, exposure to thought leaders, mentorship, entrepreneurial mind-set development and full university funding.
How to apply