If you are interested in studying to become a Chartered Accountant but do not have the funds then this bursary opportunity is for you. Thuthuka Bursary Fund Trust is open.
Requirements for application of the Thuthuka bursary
- The learner must be African or Coloured
- The learner must be a South African Citizen
- The learner must obtain atleast 60% on Mathematics (5 or above on the NSC Scale of
- Achievement) NOT MATHS LITERACY
- The learner must be in Grd12 intending on studying B comm. Accounting
- The learner must be financially needy and will be assessed using the NSFAS MEANS
- TEST to confirm financial need
- The learner must not be out of Matric/school for more than 2 years.
- The Process of Awarding a Bursary
- The application must have met the above criteria
The learner must have or be in the process of applying to one of the following tertiary institutions:
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Cape Town (Bachelor of Commerce code CB011 )
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Pretoria
- University of Orange Free State
- University of Witwatersrand (WITS)
- North-West University (Mafikeng Campus)
Once the learner has met the above criteria they will be called in for testing Depending on the test results then the learner may be called in for an interview.
Once the learner has met all the above requirements and gone through the relevant test and interview only then will the bursary be provisionally awarded to the learner pending the final Grade 12 results.
The closing date for our bursary is the 30th of April 2015 for the following year.