SANCCOB – established in 1968, has helped to treat over 90,000 ill, injured, orphaned and oiled seabirds – seeks to employ 1 x Public Relations and Seabird Rehabilitation Intern (2 months) to join their energetic and dedicated team in Cape St Francis.
Internship date: 01 December 2014 – 31 January 2015
Remuneration: Stipend of R2000.00 per month
Key Performance Areas
During Festive Period:
- Be responsible for the management of the penguin souvenir shop
- Conduct private tours of the centre at scheduled times
- Receipting of donations
- Overseeing delivery of shop supplies
- Be responsible for weekly shop stock counts
- Assist with planned events during the duration of internship, including public seabird
- releases, market days, The SANCCOB Penguin Holiday Festival
- Distribution and collection of donation tins
Additional/Post Festive Period:
- Rescue and collection of birds
- Assist with bird work
- Tertiary qualification (business management/wildlife related field preferable)
- South African resident
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Excellent communication skills
- Hardworking and dedicated person with good interpersonal skills that is able to work well in a team and has the ability to follow regulations and procedures.
- Be physically fit; be prepared to work in all weather environments, frequently in excess of standard working hours.
- Previous experience desirable. Contactable references required
How to apply
Please forward CV with a letter of motivation to email@example.com; Attention: Ms L Mostert.
Deadline for applications: Friday, 07 November 2014
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants selected for interviews.